Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A New Day - Blessings for the New Year

The painting I am posting is called 'A New Day'. I thought it would be appropriate on this New Year's Evening. My husband is working tonite, and my two beautiful girls are sleeping. New Year's is not what it used to be for parents of little ones - but that's ok with me, I like to use it as a time of reflection and excitement for a new time.

My wishes for the world are that we awaken to more compassion for one another and begin working together as a unite rather than separately. I think as humans we haven't scratched the surface of our potential. I also speak about myself as I am on this road of discovery every day and learning moment by moment as I venture through my life's journey. I wish for the world true peace. The kind of peace that is contagious and uplifting. I am going to meditate on that tonite - may we all reach our ultimate and highest potentials and learn to communicate from a place of love and kindness.


"The little dissatisfaction which every artist feels at the completion of a work forms the germ of a new work"


-Berthold Auerbach

No comments: